So if you paid attention to my blog, you’ll realize that I have updated my Books To Read list. My book genre preferences have expanded, and now I’m no longer solely interested in fiction, but also in nonfiction books such as memoirs and self-enrichment books. I have managed to surprise myself, but I’m pleased with the new selection of books.
On my list is this must-read book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua, who writes about her parents disciplining her and how she disciplines her daughters. I must admit some of her methods are a little extreme (from what I’ve heard of; I’m still on Chapter Four) but her methods and her daughters’ successes make me feel lazy and unaccomplished. Which is why, I’m going to change for the better! (Hai-yah!)
Here are some of the rules I’m setting myself to improve and discipline myself (and probably will keep adding some more throughout the days).
1) Drink at least 8 glasses of water. (This is something I lack of but is important to my well-being. Assuming that I sleep for 7 hours each day, I have 17 waking hours, which mean that I have to drink a glass every 2 hours.)
2) Follow a timetable.
3) Study everyday. (This excludes homework, and includes reading textbooks, notes and doing sums or practices.)
4) Eat healthily.
6) DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. (Uhuh, this is very important. Refer to point 2.)
7) Read for at least half an hour everyday. (Excluding newspapers)
8) Work hard and smart.
9) Play piano everyday for 30 minutes. (Scales, exam pieces before some random pieces)
10) Keep my room clutter-free and do not accumulate. For every new possession, get rid of something you don’t need. (Excludes books.)
11) LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
The list will go on, but for now I’m going to stop here.
A/N on 27th April 2013: This did not happen. But I’m working on it.