Firstly, Merry Christmas! or Happy Hanukkah!
52% Ravenclaw, 49% Hufflepuff, 56% Slytherin and 47% Gryffindor!
Slytherin’s cardinal traits are ambition, cunning and determination. Like the Gryffindor House, Slytherins are emotionally volatile. In contrast, however, Slytherins are much less dominant and assertive, and less extroverted in general. Rather than expressing these emotions outwardly, Slytherins direct them inward or act in a passive aggressive manner. Both Gryffindor and Slytherin are much more driven to succeed than the other two houses: Gryffindor out of pride and Slytherin out of ambition.
Slytherins are also much more pragmatic than the other houses and more adept at manipulating people. A key trait would be a low level of agreeableness: Slytherins are more pessimistic, more distrustful than most, and more likely to attribute negative motivations to people. So although Slytherins experience a wide range of emotions, due to their distrustful views of people and skeptical worldview, they are less expressive and more likely to appear cold or distant unless provoked.
A Slytherin’s ambitious nature comes out in different ways depending on what is important to the individual person. It could lead them to try to achieve top marks (if intellect and schooling is important to them) but it could also be directed at social settings or towards athletic endeavors.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
- You scored 52% on Ravenclaw, higher than 50% of your peers.
- You scored 49% on Hufflepuff, higher than 53% of your peers.
- You scored 56% on Slytherin, higher than 82% of your peers.
- You scored 47% on Gryffindor, higher than 33% of your peers.
Yes, it seems I’m a Slytherin. It came as a surprise to me, but I suppose I don’t know myself as well I thought I did. I don’t really relate to the supposed traits of a Slytherin, but there are few that I can relate to.
- I am ambitious and determined, yes.
- I am less extroverted, so yes, I’m more of an introvert.
- I am sort of emotionally volatile.
- I am pessimistic.
- “Although Slytherins experience a wide range of emotions, due to their distrustful views of people and skeptical worldview, they are less expressive and more likely to appear cold or distant unless provoked.” I guess this applies to me too.
- I’m not sure if this is implied in the description of a Slytherin, but I am selfish. I know this, and I can’t help it. I’m selfish and protective of what is dear and unique to me and only me. That is probably one of my most hated traits.
- “A Slytherin’s ambitious nature comes out in different ways depending on what is important to the individual person.” This applies to me.
I’m going to try out the quiz at Pottermore. Will it sort me in Slytherin, or another house? What would the traits say? I can only anticipate.